If you have any questions after looking through our VPS information section, please contact our Sales Team by email, or by telephone on 0808 180 1880
We want your experience of using our VPS to be as simple and painfree as possible, so our VPS Technical Support structure is straight-forward.
General VPS Technical Support
VPS customers should address their Support requests 24×7×365 via the channels below:
Phone: 0845-230-1880 (opt. Dedicated)
Int’l: +44 207 538 8000 opt 2 (opt. Dedicated)
- General VPS Technical Support is provided 24 hours a day, via email or telephone, and covers assistance with connectivity issues within our network, known software bugs, hardware issues, DNS, and reboots. Please note that we cannot offer any advice on application settings or configuration.
- Administrative tasks including (but not limited to) troubleshooting modifications to software or operating system, third party software installations, security audits or checks, and other administrative tasks are NOT covered, and may be subject to additional fees.
Initial Installation & Testing
- To begin with, we provide an initial installation of applications and operating systems, enabling you to start using the virtual server the minute it has been tested.
- After the VPS package has been deployed, you will then have 24 hours in which to test the installation yourself, to ensure that you are satisfied that it is working correctly. During this 24 hour period, we will investigate any issues you raise and if we find that there was a problem at the deployment stage, we will be happy to create a new installation for you.
Hardware & Network Support
- Hardware and Network support is provided by Hostway on both types of VPS packages – Plesk and Root. This means that your package is covered by our Service Level Agreement which guarantees compensation in the event of unavoidable network failures. You can view the SLA here.
In summary, we will:
- Ensure your VPS is in a stable and secure state on hand-over
- Maintain a secure, high performance network
- Undertake systematic backup of all data, including image roll-backs
- Make provision for emergency replacement of hardware
- Reimburse you for outages that exceed the terms of the SLA
In addition to the above, all VPS customers have access to the following steps should they encounter difficulties:
FREE Image Roll Backs
- If there is a problem on your VPS that we cannot resolve simply, you can request a ‘Roll Back’ to when your VPS was last working correctly, at any time up to 2 weeks retrospectively. ‘Roll Back’ requests are FREE of charge and UNLIMITED, and should be directed at our support team as per below.
- If you need to start from scratch, we can perform a rebuild your VPS. This incurs engineer time which will be charged at our standard rate of £45+VAT per half-hour period (see additional options).
Parallels Power Panel
- Parallels Power Panels (PPP) is a powerful and easy-to-use web-based tool to administer and recover your VPS yourself. Your (PPP) URL, username and password will be detailed on your VPS Purchase PDF.
* All prices exclude VAT where applicable. All plans, packages and offers are subject to terms and conditions of sale available on the site.
© Hostway Corporation. All rights reserved.
A global web hosting leader, Hostway has strategic locations in the United States and Europe, including the Netherlands, Belgium, France, Romania and Germany, as well as Korea, India, and Australia.